At The Allen Thomas Group, we have over 20 years of experience meeting the insurance needs of both individuals and businesses in Akron, Ohio and surrounding areas.
We are an independent insurance agency, which allows us to offer policies from multiple top-rated carriers to find the optimal coverage for your unique situation.
Below we outline the many types of insurance we offer to protect what matters most to you.
We aim to educate on coverage options while addressing common pain points to ensure you get the right policy.
Protecting your vehicle is likely a top priority.
We provide customized auto insurance policies that bundle different coverages based on your specific needs and budget, such as:
- Liability coverage in case an accident is your fault
- Collision, which covers damage to your vehicle
- Comprehensive for events like theft, vandalism, weather, fire
- Uninsured motorist coverage
- Rental reimbursement if your vehicle is in the shop
- Roadside assistance
- Medical coverage for treating injuries
For specialty vehicles, we also offer:
- Motorcycle insurance
- Car collection insurance: Classic and antique vehicles
- ATV insurance
- Golf cart insurance
- Rv’s and other Recreational vehicles
Review your policy annually as vehicles age and needs change.
Gap insurance fills the financial gap between what your auto insurance pays if your vehicle is totaled and what you still owe on your loan.
Vehicles tend to depreciate quickly, but loans take longer to pay down. Gap insurance protects you from potentially owing thousands out-of-pocket if your vehicle is totaled soon after purchase.
This affordable coverage provides important peace of mind. We find many customers are unpleasantly surprised to learn their auto policy does not fully cover a total loss. Planning ahead with gap insurance alleviates this major financial burden risk.
Income protection insurance
Having insurance to replace lost income should you become injured or ill and unable to work is invaluable.
Income protection insurance provides cash benefits usually structured as a percentage of your gross earned income.
Payouts help cover:
- Living expenses like mortgage/rent, food, utilities
- Out-of-pocket medical bills and prescriptions
- Transportation costs
- Other financial obligations
We offer both short and long-term disability policies with optional riders like cost-of-living increases.
Check if any coverage is included through your employer too. Income protection is essential given health problems can happen suddenly at any age.
Casualty insurance covers financial liabilities resulting from unforeseen circumstances causing harm to third-party persons or property damage.
Casualty insurance insures against accidents, and is not necessarily tied to any specific property.
- Aviation insurance
- Crime insurance
- Kidnap and ransom insurance
- Fidelity and Surety bonds
- Machinery insurance
Life insurance provides income replacement upon death to help loved ones cover final expenses, daily bills, tuition, and more in your absence. Main types include:
- Term life insurance – Offers coverage for set period of time
- Permanent life insurance – Covers entire lifespan with cash value savings
- Whole and universal life – Investment elements allowing cash access while living
Additional benefits like accelerated death benefits to access funds if terminally ill may be included.
We impartially illustrate options for individual needs like length of need, budget, and financial goals. Life insurance ensures your family is taken care of.
Property insurance safeguards your home, belongings, and other assets against damage and loss.
Standard homeowners insurance bundles coverage but limits apply so speaking with an agent is key.
Main areas covered:
- Dwelling coverage for structural damage
- Other structures like garages, tool sheds
- Personal property for possessions
- Loss of use if residence is uninhabitable
- Personal liability
- Medical payments for guests hurt on property
For renters, condos, high-value homes, and specialty items we offer customized policies too.
For specialty areas, we offer floater policies for:
- Jewelry and Watches insurance
- Collectibles insurance – for comics, sports memorabilia, and more
Property insurance is foundational for protecting your financial stake in physical assets against unforeseen catastrophes.
Businesses face myriad risks given accidents and oversight issues can always occur despite best efforts.
Liability insurance covers payouts if found legally liable for injuries, damage, losses sustained by 3rd parties via general negligence.
- Commercial general liability insurance protects against common slip-and-fall claims
- Liquor liability for restaurants/bars with alcohol service
- Product liability for product-related injuries/damage
- Professional liability for errors in service/advice with financial harm
- Workers compensation
Reputational harm and lawsuits can severely damage enterprises without proper liability coverage.
We objectively assess your unique risks to craft a tailored, competitively priced liability policy.
Cyber attacks and data breaches continue rising, making cyber insurance critical, especially for businesses holding sensitive customer information.
Cyber insurance commonly addresses:
- Data loss/destruction
- Computer system damage
- Cyber extortion/ransomware
- Business interruption
- Cyber theft
- PR crisis management
- Legal obligations
- Forensic investigations
Hacks happen swiftly but consequences drag on for years.
We identify your specific e-risks to create comprehensive cyber insurance, restoring operations quickly if attacked.
Other insurance we offer
- All-risk insurance – Covers a wide range of property losses from theft to weather to equipment breakdown.
- Business interruption insurance – Covers income lost if unable to operate due to disaster.
- Legal expenses insurance – Covers attorney fees/court costs for various legal disputes.
- Pet insurance – Helps reimburse vet bills for sick/injured pets.
- Pollution insurance – Covers pollution-related bodily injury and property damage liability claims.
We offer these supplemental policies to strengthen protection.
Discuss your concerns with our licensed staff to ensure no gaps in your safeguards exist.
Customizing insurance for optimal security and peace of mind is our specialty.
Get The Insurance Coverage You Need Quickly
We know how frustrating and complex the process of finding the right insurance can be and how long it can take if you do it on your own.
Tell us about your specific needs and we will find the right policy for you.
Review the results of our search.
We will walk you through your new policy step by step.
Call now or schedule
a more convenient time
Principles of Insurance
A key principle of insurance is insurability, which refers to whether an applicant is eligible to be insured based on risk profile assessed.
Insurance companies evaluate insurability based on factors like:
- Health conditions
- Driving record
- Claims history
- Lifestyle risks
- Financial profile
Insurers aim to extend coverage to individuals and businesses representing reasonable risks.
However those deemed uninsurable due to excessive threat level may have limited options sometimes at increased prices.
We help clients understand insurability guidelines and appeal decisions in borderline cases. Being deemed uninsurable can happen but options may still exist.
Insurance policies constitute binding legal contracts protecting the interests of both insurer and insured parties.
Key elements include:
- Indemnity ensuring financial compensation sufficient to cover insured loss
- Utmost good faith requiring upfront disclosure from applicants
- Subrogation conferring rights to insurer to recover costs from liable third parties
- Reasonable expectations that coverage will apply as policyholder anticipated
Complex contract language causes frequent disputes.
We help policyholders submit watertight claims to compel payment per contract terms.
Let our insurance specialists review your policies at no charge to ensure sufficient safeguards.
Indemnification means policyholders are financially compensated for specific covered losses stated in the policy language. This indemnification restores insureds to approximate financial position prior to the loss with payment caps per coverage terms.
Insurance policies outline excluded losses falling outside indemnification while covered losses warrant payment.
Understanding nuances around what constitutes indemnifiable events is key to getting claims approved.
Our experts simplify legalese to ensure you receive entitled benefits.
While insurance offers vital financial protection, all policies contain exclusions where coverage does not apply. Common exclusions:
- Losses occurring outside policy term dates
- High-risk activities like extreme sports
- Preventable losses like normal wear/tear or negligence
- Non-disclosed pre-existing conditions
- Cosmetic/elective procedures
- Gradual events like mold or erosion
Exclusions can feel arbitrary and punitive if misunderstood.
We carefully screen for past/planned circumstances requiring disclosure to avoid denial of otherwise covered claims down the road.
Review policies annually to add endorsements reducing exclusion blindspots.
Get A Free Quote
Contact The Allen Thomas Group at (440) 826-3676 for a free insurance consultation and quote on any policies you need.
Our locally based experts make it simple to understand options and ensure you get the optimal tailored coverage at a competitive price.
With over 20 years of trusted experience serving Akron, OH and over 20 states throughout the United States, we put our clients first, period!
Frequently Asked Questions
If your insurance policy “covers” a loss, damage, or liability claim, this means the insurance company will pay out money, up to the policy limits, to cover your approved costs related to that covered incident. This protects you financially.
The deductible is the amount you must pay out-of-pocket towards an approved claim before policy benefits kick in. Deductibles help reduce premium costs but mean you pay more upfront on a loss. Common deductibles are $250, $500 or $1,000.
All policies contain exclusions where the insurance company does not cover or pay out claims. Common exclusions are normal wear/tear, negligence/poor maintenance, cosmetic damage, mold, asbestos, war events, or gradual erosion.
Exclusions vary widely by coverage type.
Insurance companies can cancel policies mid-term if premiums are not paid on time or major changes affecting risk occur like moving. Policyholders also have the option to cancel a policy at any point and receive a prorated refund of unused premiums.
Coinsurance means policyholders cover a set percentage, often 10%-20%, while insurance covers the remaining portion after the deductible is reached. It makes premium costs lower, but you pay more per claim. Home and business policies often have coinsurance.
Being untruthful on insurance applications constitutes fraud. If lies or omitted details are found later and significantly impact risk levels, the policy can be voided altogether. Always disclose full/accurate details upfront!